Prayer and Praise

Prayer for Fallen Mentor

Need Prayer? Have a Praise to share? Feel called by God to intercede for the needs of others? Fellowship within!

Prayer for Fallen Mentor

Postby CONNERdmc » 17 Feb 2012 10:35

None of us are above falling, no matter how "spiritual" or "mature" we think we are.
I am asking for prayer for a good friend of mine and my family's. In my oldest son's own words "Sunny is my mentor". Sunny is/was the strongest of Christians and a true Warrior/Worshipper. He would spend all night at the church praying not all that long ago (my son used to join him sometimes) and was part of our worship team. He is my Drum Tuner.
Sunny began having serious health issues about 2 yrs ago and the Lord has brought him through those this last year. Due to my hand surgery in November, I have not kept up with Sunny as I should and when I did see him in church, he seemed different. I wrote it off to having a hard time and still having health issues. Last night I was made aware that Sunny has succumbed to the demon of alcohol. He was not in church last week. He was home passed out drunk on his couch. Last night he was admitted in the hospital because his body was shutting down due to prolonged drinking. It started last Oct., as best as I know, with ONE drink. I am angry with Satan. I am disappointed. I know that but for the Grace of God, there go I. My heart is broken for Sunny. I texted him last night to say I loved Him and He said he loved me back. I said I'm praying for you and he said thanks.
Please keep him in your prayers. His wife has reached out to the church and "gone public" with this issue. He is hopefully and prayerfully going to begin Life Challenge, a christian help organization for drug addicts and alcoholics when he is released from the hospital. He has 1, 10 yr old son, Noah. Pray for his family.
Pray for me as I sit my family down this evening after dinner and share with them the situation and we pray together for him. Tomorrow I must break the news to Dylon, my oldest son, who is at college and I regret I'll have to talk to him by phone. Sunny means the world to my son as I stated earlier. He has tried to call Sunny all week and could not get a hold of him. Then he called pastor and pastor just told him he is in the hospital. My son knows nothing of the situation. Pray for me as I help my son see that NONE of us are above the fall and we should ALL guard our hearts, and thank the Lord that His mercies are new every morning. Do not give place to the devil.
I covet earnestly your prayers.

"For I know what I have planned for you,' says the Lord. "I have plans to prosper you, not to harm you. I have plans to give you a future filled with hope. When you call out to me and come to me in prayer, I will hear your prayers. When you seek me in prayer and worship, you will find me available to you. If you seek me with all your heart and soul, I will make myself available to you', says the Lord. Jeremiah 29:11-14a
CONNERdmc
Sergeant Major Of The Corps
Sergeant Major Of The Corps

Re: Prayer for Fallen Mentor

Postby Gartel » 17 Feb 2012 14:41

Done. God bless you all.
Gartel
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Re: Prayer for Fallen Mentor

Postby [ISI]Vapormissile » 23 Feb 2012 19:15

praying for him as well as you & yours.